Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day to Night: Summer Dress

Every time I spy the bright print on this Muse Poet dress I instantly cheer up. This morning I decided to break the mold of what I consider appropriate work dresses and threw this one on. I paired it with a short-sleeved denim one-button blazer and weathered gold embossed Tory Burch Reva's, my fallback flats. (It is a muted gold, with a gold leather logo, not metal.) The blazer added a tailored touch to the outfit and lessened the carefree summer attitude of the dress just a touch. This Ann Taylor Loft denim jacket (a great find, by the way) would work great with the dress, too. Although I didn't have to change out of my flats for happy hour, throwing a pair of sexy nude heels like these on and removing the jacket would give you the perfect end of summer outfit.

Tory Burch at ShopStyle

These gorgeous Lillybee Raspberry wedges from Simply Soles happen to be the perfect color to draw out the pink in the dress if I want to look extra vibrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment